Note: For devices with MAC Yosemite OS, download Citrix Receiver app directly from Apple’s App Store. The instructions below are for devices with prior versions of MAC OS.
In addition to the below, you can watch this YouTube video on myCSULA Tools: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOT6T2yp7lM&feature=share&list=PLE97151D445B2A068.
Otherwise, follow this procedure:
- Go to the myCSULA Tools web page at https://mycsulatools.calstatela.edu
- Log in using your myCSULA Identity account.
- If you are using myCSULA Tools for the first time, you must first install the Citrix Receiver. Check the box to confirm that you agree to the "Citrix license agreement," and then select "Install."
- A download will happen and the Citrix XenApp page will ask you whether you want to "continue." Ignore this and continue with the below procedure.
- Firefox users will see the window below. Choose "Save File" and click "OK." Safari users will not have to do this step.
- Once the download completes, double-click on "Citrix online plug-in." in the "Downloads" window
- Next, select the icon on the left titled "Install Citrix Online Plug-in."
- Read through each of the sections and click "Continue."
- When prompted, click Agree.
- To complete installation, click on "Continue" and "Install."
- After installation, you must type in your computer's log in information and click "OK."
- You will see the final window. Click "Close."
- If you look at your applications, two entries should have appeared for Citrix.
- Now click "continue" to the original window. You are now able to launch all the available applications.
- In this example, Word 2010 is being launched.
- When saving your work, choose a location on your computer to save.
IMPORTANT: BE SURE YOU SAVE YOUR WORK TO YOUR LOCAL DRIVE UNDER "COMPUTER." THIS CAN BE YOUR LOCAL HARD DRIVE OR EXTERNAL DRIVE. DATA SAVED TO OTHER AREAS WILL BE LOST WHEN YOU LOG OFF.
- When saving your work to your computer, you will see this security warning screen. Select "Read & Write" and "Remember these settings for this drive."
- When you are ready to close myCSULA Tools, log off by selecting "Disconnect."