Information Technology Services is pleased to announce that through a CSU campuses system wide and CSULA site license agreement with TechSmith, Camtasia Studio and Snagit for Windows and Mac are now available upon request for installation on faculty and staff Baseline computers. In addition, these software applications are also available for faculty and staff for home use.
- Camtasia Studio for Windows and Camtasia Mac - This is a powerful, but easy-to-use, screen recording and video editing software that enables users to create professional videos. Users can record or input video, edit and customize content, and then share the videos with viewers on nearly any device.
- Snagit for Windows and Mac - This is a screen capture software that allows users to "snag" screen content, enhance it with effects, and then share the document instantly. Users can quickly and easily enhance documents with visuals that clarify, explain and enhance the message.
How can I request Camtasia Studio and Snagit for my Baseline computer?
- Simply complete the online request at: http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/techsmith-form.php
How can I request Camtasia Studio and Snagit for my home-use?
You can request your home-use license by stopping by ITS Help Desk, LIB PW Lobby, and signing the software agreement form. You will receive the link and authorization number, and will be able to immediately download the software.,
Who is eligible to get the home- use software?
CSULA faculty and staff can take advantage of the offer. . Non-CSULA employees, (i.e., ASI, ASC, Philanthropic Foundation, OLLI and Research Centers) are NOT eligible).
What TechSmith Software is included for home-use?
- Camtasia Studio for Windows - http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-features.html
- Camtasia Studio for Mac - http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-mac-features.html
- Snagit for Windows and Mac - http://www.techsmith.com/snagit.html
Can I install the application on multiple computers at home?
No, TechSmith only allows you to install on one computer of your choice, PC or Mac.
Are there any prerequisites to downloading the home-use software?
Only an Internet connection is required to download the software.
Are there any system requirements I need to consider?
The links below will provide detailed requirements for your specific system.
- Camtasia Windows requirements - http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-system-requirements.html.
- Camtasia Mac requirements - http://www.techsmith.com/camtasia-mac-system-requirements.html.
- Snagit Windows/Mac requirements - http://www.techsmith.com/snagit-system-requirements.html.
How do I get the licenses for the programs?
Please visit ITS Help Desk at Library PW 1070 and complete the software agreement form.
How do I get software support?
TechSmith provides multiple layers of support.
- TechSmith Support, Phone: 1-517-381-2300, Toll Free: 800-517-3001 from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. EST Monday through Friday.
- Tweet to @TechSmithHelp.
- Visit https://support.techsmith.com/home for specific product support, to check the knowledge base, submit a request or check your existing requests.