Study-at-home Software for Students
- Wolfram Mathematica
- In the User Portal (the link above) students are required to create Wolfram User Portal accounts using their Cal State L.A e-mail addresses.
- Download and Install their copies of Mathematica.
- Then copy Activation Keys sent to their Cal State L.A. email accounts.
- Finally launch Mathematica and paste Activation Keys when prompted.
- Autodesk Educational Community
Students can download Autodesk software such as AutoCAD (PC & Mac), Civil 3D, 3ds Max, and Maya for home use.
- Microsoft Security Essentials (Free Antivirus for Windows)
Students can use Microsoft Security Essentials to guard against viruses and spyware.
ChemDraw is a popular chemical drawing package with advanced prediction tools. Using their Cal State L.A. e-mail address, students can download the software for home use.
As part of the Cal State L.A. Bookstore association with Barnes and Noble, eligible Cal State L.A. students can purchase several software packages and hardware at a substantially reduced cost. To get additional information or to place an order, visit the http://www.thinkEDU.com/bn.