How-To Setup Dot 1X on Windows 7
The following procedure must to be done while logged-on as an administrator.
- Right-click on the network icon in the System Tray (bottom right) and select "Network and Sharing Center" (this can also be accomplished via Control Panel).
- Click on Change adapter settings (highlighted here in red).
- Right-click on Local Area Connection and select "Properties".
- Click on Configure (highlighted here)
- On the Connection Properties menu select the Advanced tab.
- The Link Speed and Duplex is likely to be set at 100 Mbps Full Duplex.
- Set it to Auto Negotiation and click OK.
- Now back at the Connection Properties Window, select the Authentication tab.
- Click on Additional Settings...
- Click the checkbox for "Specify autentication mode" and make sure it is set to User or computer authentication. Then click OK.
- Now click Settings.
- Un-check Validate server Certificate then click Configure....
- If it is not already checked, check Automatically use my Windows logon name and password (and domain if any) then click OK.
- Reboot the system and login using an AD account.