How-To Setup Microsoft Outlook 2011 after you have migrated to Office 365
With mailbox migration to Office 365, the preferred method to access your email is Outlook 2011. Setup for Macintosh is nearly identical to the same (Outlook 2010) setup for Windows.
- MAC OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Office 2011 with current updates.
- Launch Outlook 2011.
- Pull-down the Help menu and click Check for Updates.
- Select automatic updates.
- Close all Office applications including Outlook to start the update.
- Click Install. .
- When prompted click Continue. At the end click Finish .
- Launch Outlook then pull-down Tools and select Accounts.... .
- On the Accounts page select Exchange Account. .
- Fill-in your account information using the following as a template. Use your AD account password. Select Configure automatically and click Add Account. Your physical email account is on onmicrosoft.com but official account remains calstatela.edu .
- Click Allow on subsequent pop-ups. .
- At the end Outlook 2011 will initialize and load. You'll then get a completion pop-up. Close the Accounts screen.