With mailbox migration to Office 365, the preferred method to access your email is Outlook 2011. Setup for Macintosh is nearly identical to the same (Outlook 2010) setup for Windows.
- MAC OS X 10.5.8 or later.
- Office 2011 with current updates.
- Launch Outlook 2011.
- Pull-down the Help menu and click Check for Updates.
- Select automatic updates.
- Close all Office applications including Outlook to start the update.
- Click Install.
- When prompted click Continue. At the end click Finish
- Launch Outlook then pull-down Tools and select Accounts....
- On the Accounts page select Exchange Account.
- Fill-in your account information using the following as a template. Use your AD account password. Select Configure automatically and click Add Account. Your physical email account is on onmicrosoft.com but official account remains calstatela.edu
- Click Allow on subsequent pop-ups.
- At the end Outlook 2011 will initialize and load. You'll then get a completion pop-up. Close the Accounts screen.