How-To Use Fetch
Fetch is an easy to use full-feature FTP client. Included in DSS 5.6 and later, Fetch can be used to connect to campus resources via standard ftp, sftp, or tftp.
- From Finder, select Go › Applications.
- Select the icon for Fetch.
- In the New Connection window, input information into the following fields:
- Hostname - the server you would like to connect to
- Username - your ftp username
- Connect Using - Select Ftp or Sftp from the drop down menu
- Password - input your ftp password
- Check the Add to keychain box if you would like your store your username and password on the local machine
- Select Continue
- Congratulations, you have successfully connected to an ftp site. The server will now appear as a regular folder in the Finder. You can drag and drop files to and from the ftp site in the same manner that you are accustomed to.