Autodesk is the manufacturer of a suite of 3-D modeling products based on its original product, AutoCAD. Free software is available to students and educators for academic purposes. This free offer does not extend to business use.
Autodesk provides the following description of this program in this introductory paragraph:
- Imagine, design, and create a better world with help from Autodesk Education. Get free* access to the software used to make the games, movies, buildings, and products that inspire you. Autodesk is a world leader in 3D design, engineering, and entertainment software for manufacturing, building and construction, and media and entertainment.
Are Autodesk products available for my machine's operating system?
Autodesk products are available for machines running Windows and Mac OS X.
How do I get my copies of Autodesk products?
- Point your browser to http://www.autodesk.com/education/free-software/all and click on the link for College and university educators or College and university students.
- Either login to your Autodesk Academic Resource Center (ARC) account or create one then login.
- The ID will be in the form or your campus email account (e.g. firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Fill-out the request form.
- Select California State University Los Angeles as the instition in the pull-down provided.
- Type-in 323-343-3000 and the institution's main number.
- Select your discpline from the pull-down provided..
- In your CSULA email you will be sent a download link, instructions, and activation code(s).