The Desktop Services and Baseline/Maintenance groups have a number of activities planned during the quarter break (March 23 – March 27). There will be some DSS image update in Open Access Labs and Baseline refreshes for some Electronic Classrooms. Baseline/Maintenance group will perform maintenance of Open Access Labs (OALs), Electronic Classrooms (ECs), TEC and service areas.
Open Access Lab DSS image update
The new updated DSS image includes new updates for existing software, MathCAD, updated Camtasia v8 and Snagit v12.
Electronic Classrooms (ECs), Housing and Open Access Lab (OAL) Baseline Refresh
- The electronic classrooms in FA 225 and FA 226 will be replaced with iMac 27” 256 GB SSD, 16GB RAM
- Electronic classroom in SH C345 with be replaced with HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF i5-3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB
- Housing Lab will be replaced with HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF i5-3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB
- Engineering, Computer Science and Technology Link (ECST) OAL will be replaced with HP Elitedesk 800 G1 SFF i5-3.2GHz, 8GB RAM, 500GB
- Student Union Link, Salazar Hall Link, ECST Link and King Hall Link OAL iMacs will be replaced with new iMac 21.5” 8GB RAM, 256GB SSD
- Union Link PCs will be replaced with HP EliteOne 800 G1 23" Touch PC Intel Core i5-4570S, 8GB RAM, 500GB, Slim Optical Drive
Given that dirt and dust are the prime enemies of electronic equipment, all ECs, TECs, and service area computers, peripherals and other related equipment are cleaned and tested every quarter during quarter break.