The Desktop Services group has a number of upgrades planned for this quarter break (September 9 - 25). There will be full implementation of Windows 7 in Salazar Hall Baseline Electronic Classrooms; Electronic Classroom Baseline(hardware) refresh, installation of LanSchool (to replace EagleVision) and maintenance of Electronic Classrooms (EC), TEC and Service areas.
Salazar Hall Labs OS upgrade
- Currently most of the Salazar Hall Baseline classroom PCs are still running Windows XP. Those PCs in SH C345 and SH C358A will be upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise. Lists of available software can be found at http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/dss.php.
- SH C362, SH C348, SH C363 and SH C342 Electronic Classrooms will have a Baseline upgrade.
- HP 8300 with Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise OS.
Library & other lab Upgrade
- Some computers in LN 1000, LN 2000 and SA 124 will be upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise.
- LanSchool, a commercial product similar to EagleVision, will be installed in the upgrade labs mentioned above. An introduction to the product can be found at http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/lanschool/.
- Given that dirt and dust are the prime enemies of electronic equipment, all ECs, TEC, and Service area computers, peripherals, and other related equipment are cleaned and tested every quarter during quarter break.