The Desktop Services group has a number of upgrades planned for this quarter break (June 17-21). There will be full implementation of Windows 7 in some King Hall Baseline Electronic Classrooms; Electronic Classroom Baseline(hardware) refresh, installation of LanSchool (to replace EagleVision) and maintenance of Electronic Classrooms (EC), TEC and Service areas.
King Hall Labs OS Upgrade
- Currently some of the King Hall Baseline classroom PCs are still running Windows XP. Those PCs in KH B4005 and KH B4007 will be upgraded to Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise. Lists of available software can be found at http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/dss.php.
- KH C2088, KH C2089, KH C2096, KH D3068 and SH C261 Electronic Classrooms will have a Baseline upgrade.
- HP 8300 with Intel Core i5 processor, 8GB of RAM, and Windows 7 64-bit Enterprise OS.
- LanSchool, a commercial product similar to EagleVision, will be installed in the upgrade labs mentioned above. An introduction to the product can be found at http://www.calstatela.edu/its/services/software/lanschool/.
- Given that dirt and dust are the prime enemies of electronic equipment, all ECs, TEC, and Service area computers, peripherals, and other related equipment are cleaned and tested every quarter during quarter break.