- If you have been printing with the old Pharos system (before Winter 2014), you will need to remove those wireless printers and drivers from Start → Control Panel → Devices and Printers. Locate your Pharos client in Start → All Programs and run Uninstall Pharos.
- Before installing this Client software, please verify that your system meets the below minimum System Requirements.
- Intel Core 2 Duo or newer
- 50 MB Free Hard Disk Space
- 128 MB of Memory/RAM for Windows XP (256 MB Recommended)
- 1 GB of Memory/RAM for Windows 7, 64-bit (2 GB Recommended)
- 1 GB of Memory/RAM for Windows 8/8.1, 64-bit (2 GB Recommended)
Instructions and Downloads
- You'll need to connect to the campus wireless network first. If you don't know how, refer to Instructions for connecting to the campus wireless network.
Download to install the driver package. Click Save File.
From the download folder double click on the application.
The Security Warning pop-up appears. Click Run.
The "Windows-Laptop" installer pop-up appears. Click Install.
When finished, click Finish.
Start → Control Panel → Devices and Printers should have two new entries.
In your application (such as Word) select the correct network printer. Alter any other settings from the Preferences option then click Print.
Enter your myCSULA Identity ID (e.g. "ad\muser99") and click Next.
Enter your password and click Print.
- Go to the release station.
- Tap the screen of the station next to the printer.
- Swipe your card.
- On the screen, tap the desired print job to select it, then tap Print. When finished tap Exit.
- Note 1: Problems with your card (such as an old one) will trigger the above error. Go to Golden Eagle Center to resolve this issue.
- Note 2: You can use only one Print Release Station at a time.