ITS Student Success Fee Projects
In spring 2012, the student success fee (SSF) was approved by the CSULA students, University President and CSU Chancellor for implementation in fall 2012 quarter. This fee, which is assessed quarterly, provides for supplemental academic advising and retention services, increased student development opportunities and career services, and expanded access to vital infrastructure and applications technologies.
ITS worked throughout the summer on the vital technologies priority to ensure the following six projects, made possible by the student success fee, would be available to students for the fall 2012 quarter. More information on each is available by clicking on the project name below.
- myCSULA Tools (Anywhere, On-demand Applications)
- Anytime, Anywhere VPN Access
- Just-in-time Learning
- Adobe Creative Suite
- Wi-Fi Availability
- New Technology Vulnerability Assessment
ITS is committed to providing students with a robust infrastructure and access to the important learning resources that will prepare them for college success and beyond. To guide that course, it is imperative that ITS continues to monitor its performance and measure the success of each SSF project. ITS utilizes three measurement methods for each SSF project:
- Technical implementation. Was the full implementation completed on schedule; were technical implementation problems non-existent or quickly remediated; quantity of post-implementation trouble report received at the ITS Help Desk; ongoing reliability of the product or service.
- Perception of value and usefulness. Based on student feedback from the ITS website, ITS Help Desk reports, student surveys and in-person OAL interactions and discussions, do students feel they are receiving value from the services and what are student suggestions for improvement.
- Quantitative Data Analysis. Statistical usage data will be gathered and evaluated to track such things as high student-use areas, frequently-used applications and services, number of student users, and track growing or declining usage patterns.
Success measurements will be posted on the respective project pages and will be updated quarterly. In order to evaluate user perception of value and usefulness, we need your feedback on all student success fee projects. Click on Contact ITS at the bottom of the web page to submit feedback.