International Summer Session is a non-degree program for visiting international students who want to study at Cal State LA just for the summer term. Courses are offered in a 5 week or 10-week session with courses in subjects such as management, accounting, finance, marketing, engineering, computer science, history and political science.
- Study on a university campus alongside a diverse group of 28,000 students
- Access to coursework at Cal State LA
- Receive instruction from Cal State LA faculty
- Access to computer labs and Wi-Fi throughout campus
- Official Cal State LA transcript upon completion of studies
- Access to the Student Health Center
- Optional on-campus housing
- Discounted bus fares with Cal State LA student ID card
- Access to the student fitness center
Summer Session Schedule of Classes
Summer 2017 Schedule of Classes Coming Soon.
Apply to International Summer Session
Tuition and Fees
Study in L.A.
International Summer Session
Session I or III
(5 weeks each)***
|Program Fee **||$3,382||
|Living expenses *||$5,045||$2,800#|
On-Campus Housing: Space is very limited, so you must apply early!
Please follow the following application instructions.
- Click here to read the Prospective Residents Housing Benefits and Services page.
- To apply, go to this website: http://www.calstatela.edu/univ/housing/elp-signup.php
- Download and Print the following forms (you can type on the screen before you print)
- Housing Services Application and License Agreement
- Emergency Contact Form
- Tuberculosis Verification Form (must be completed by student’s doctor and turned in to Housing Services at least 2 weeks before arrival)
- Meningococcal Disease Notification Form
- Click here to review the Detailed Payment Schedule for deadlines and amounts due. (Phase I/II double occupancy schedule).
- Click here to review Meal Plan options (optional if you want to include meals – if not, the apartments have kitchens for your use).
- Fill out the License Agreement, emergency and medical forms. MAKE SURE THE STUDENT SIGNS ALL OF THESE FORMS!!!
- Attach your Check or International Money Order for the Room Rental + Fees + Meal Plan (if you want the meal plan). The Payment Schedule is at http://web.calstatela.edu/univ/housing/Payment_Schedules.php. Make sure you send the total amount due. Please send a separate Check or Money Order for each student. DO NOT USE THE CREDIT CARD PAYMENT METHOD! DO NOT SUBMIT ONLINE!
If not paying online, mail the Housing Services Application and License Agreement, and Payment to:
Cal State LA Housing Services
5300 Paseo Rancho Castilla
Los Angeles, California 90032 USA
- You can check the status of your application by emailing email@example.com. Wait about three weeks. Then, you should call them to check on your application at telephone +1 323 343 4800. This is very important to call Housing if the academic quarter will begin soon.
- Housing Services will send you an email (but if you applied late, you need to call them). The email will tell you the result of your application.
- Two results are possible:
- You received a room! Good! You will hear from the Housing Services Office if you are approved for a room.
- You didn’t get a room and you are now on the Waitlist. This could be a problem! If you did not get a room and are on the Waitlist, you should look for another housing option immediately. Don’t wait – make another plan immediately – homestay, apartment or hotel.
Off-Campus Housing: For housing resources off-campus, please visit the International Office’s Housing page.