CSULA School of Social Work
Field Education Department – Field Instructor Training
On behalf of California State University, Los Angeles’ (CSULA) School of Social Works’ Field Education department, we welcome you to our BSW and MSW Field Instructor Certification Training. Throughout the year, we are available for consultation and we look forward to working closely with you and your student.
The modules have been developed to provide Field Instructors with knowledge and skills rooted within the BSW and MSW mission, goals, and objectives to effectively supervise social work interns.
The Field Instructor Certification Training is reciprocal with other schools of social work in the region; therefore, you may take our online training if you have students from other schools. However, we ask that you check the policies, procedures, and formats for your student’s school to be sure that you are following the school’s requirements as they may be different from those of the School of Social Work at CSULA.
Course meets the qualifications for 6 hours of Continuing Education credits for MFTs, LPCCs, LEPs, and/or LCSWs as required by the
California Board of Behavioral Sciences. Provider #1929.
We thank you for your interest in training our Social Work students!
Please note that our online Field Instructor Certification Training is only open to those who have pre-registered with our department.
CEUs and certificates of completion will only be available to those individuals on our registration list.
1. Begin by clicking on the first of the eight training modules below.
2. Read through each module.
3. Once each module has been read and reviewed, please complete the Field Instructor Certification Training Comprehensive Exam found after the 8th module below.
4. Please make sure to include your name and title on your exam as well as LCSW number if you are requesting CEU credit.
5. After completing the comprehensive exam, we ask that you also complete the Field Instructor Certification Training Evaluation found after the comprehensive exam below.
6. Email your completed comprehensive exam and evaluation document to Nelly Carrillo at email@example.com by August 5, 2016.
FIELD INSTRUCTOR TRAINING MODULES:
1. Welcome to the Field Instructor training
2. Field Instructor Roles and Responsibilities
3. Principles of Effective Supervision
4. Targeted Strategies for Field Instruction
5. Field Documentation
6. Ethical and Legal Issues
7. Cultural Competency
8. Resolution of Problems in Field