All General Education advising is done centrally at the University Academic Advising Center, located in the Library, Palmer Wing. You can schedule an appointment in person or by calling 323-343-3150.
BASW Advising is conducted by the Academic Advisor, Bachelor Program Director and Academic Faculty. Each provide advising for specific areas; please see below to determine which to make an appointment with.
- Change of major
- Academic Plan
- First reinstatement/readmission advising
- Graduation Applications
- Input course substitutions and approved SW electives into GET
- Student Leave of Absences
Bachelor Program Director
Joanne Altschuler, PhD
Appointments are scheduled in person in Simpson Tower, Room 816.
- Career advising
- Approval of BASW/MSW electives not on the approved SW elective list.
- Approval of unarticulated course substitutions that require an evaluation of the course content in terms of its equivalence to CSULA SW curriculum and course offerings.