(1) Satisfy the Terms of your Admission Offer
(2) For international students: Apply for your I-20 or SEVIS Transfer
Applicants holding, or applying for a F-1 or J-1 visa must complete and submit the online New Student I-20 Verification Form with signatures and appropriate documentation to show proof of funding. The I-20 verification form can be accessed only after you create an online account for the PaGE Online Portal.
If you are interested in attending Cal State LA, please do not wait for your admission decision before submitting these documents. The advance submission of the verification form, and financial documentation, will help expedite the issuance of the I-20; if your I-20 paperwork is complete, the International Programs Office can issue the I-20 immediately after your admission to the University.
If you are currently studying in the US, and please request to transfer your SEVIS to Cal State LA by completing and submitting the Transfer to Cal State LA Form. Please do not transfer the SEVIS until you receive the offer of admission, and you know that you plan to attend the University for the admit term.
For other important information, including the deadline for the I-20/SEVIS transfer process, please contact the International Programs Office at (323) 343-3170, firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the International Programs webpage.
(3) Apply for Housing
Living on campus offers numerous opportunities for students to build lifelong friendships, develop as leaders and achieve academic success. We offer apartment-style residence halls that are a short walk to class, the University-Student Union and various campus resources. To learn more, visit the Housing and Residence Life webpage.
(4) Review the Cost of Attendance and Financial Aid options
(5) Submit your Final Transcript(s) with Degree posting
- For Spring admission, final transcripts must be received no later than February 1st.
- For Summer admission, final transcripts must be received no later than July 1st.
- For Fall admission, final transcripts must be received no later than September 1st.
(6) Review your GET To Do List and Stay Connected
(7) Activate your myCalStateLA ID
(8) Request use of a Preferred First Name (if applicable)
(9) For international students: Check in with the International Programs Office
The Cal State LA International Programs Office provides immigration and visa counseling for international applicants and students. They process and issue I-20s for study at Cal State LA. For more information, please visit the International Programs webpage.
(10) Orientation, Advising, and Registration
Newly admitted graduate students will be contacted by their departments regarding orientation, advising, and registering for classes. Please also visit the Office of Graduate Studies webpage to learn more about advanced studies at Cal State LA.