Thank you for your interest in Cal State LA. This page guides you through the process of applying to graduate programs.
In accordance with Cal State LA regulations, as well as Title 5, chapter 1, subchapter 3 of the California Code of Regulations, applicants may qualify for Graduate/Post Baccalaureate admission if they meet all of the following:
- Completion of a four-year college course of study and hold an acceptable baccalaureate degree from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or shall have completed equivalent academic preparation as determined by appropriate campus authorities;
- Good academic standing at the last college or university attended;
- Attainment of a grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 in an acceptable earned baccalaureate degree (or a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A = 4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted);
- Regardless of residency status, if you do not possess a baccalaureate (or advanced) degree from a postsecondary institution where English is the principal language of instruction, you must satisfy the English Language Proficiency requirement by obtaining a qualifying exam score on the TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE; AND
- Meet the professional, personal, scholastic, and other standards for graduate study, including qualifying examinations and specific course and/or grade prerequisites, as prescribed by the appropriate campus authorities.
Step 1: Apply to the University through CSU Mentor
All applicants to graduate programs at Cal State LA must submit an application via CSU Mentor.
Step 2: Apply to the Graduate Program (if applicable)
All graduate programs have their own departmental application or review process.
Graduate Admissions Process
This is the graduate admissions process for domestic applicants.
This is the graduate admissions process for international applicants.
Cal State LA Admissions
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
Phone: (323) 343-3901