In order to be considered for a Federal Direct Loan, you must:
- Submit a Free Application Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the current academic year, and file any additional documents that may be required.
- Attend an Entrance Loan Counseling Session, if required.*
- Complete the Federal Direct Loan Application.
- Submit the application to the Center for Student Financial Aid Office, SA 124.
- Sign and return the Master Promissory Note, if required. This can be done electronically by going to https://studentloans.gov/myDirectLoan/index.action and following the instructions. If you wish to sign a paper MPN, please contact the Center for Student Financial Aid.
* First time borrowers and return borrowers who did not have a loan in the prior award year @ CSULA must attend an Entrance Loan Counseling Session, either in-person or on-line.
* Borrowers who had a loan in the prior award year @ CSULA do not have to attend another entrance Loan Counseling Session.