Dr. Portia A. Jackson Preston is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Public Health. Her professional background includes Active Steps Coaching (Owner), Deloitte Consulting, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, and Procter & Gamble Pharmaceuticals. She received her Bachelors degree from Stanford University, her Masters of Public Health from the University of Michigan, and her Doctorate of Public Health from UCLA.
- Health and Healthcare Equity
- Health Care Delivery Systems
- Health Policy
- Self-care practices to prevent burnout and reduce cardiovascular disease risk in professional women of color
- Innovative teaching practices for first-generation college students in public health
- Public-private partnerships to address childhood obesity
PUBLICATIONS AND PRESENTATIONS
Jackson Preston, P. The case for addressing burnout in your organization: Why employee health and your bottom line depend on it. Business Forum. Submitted for Initial Review.
Jackson Preston, P, McCarthy, W, Sood, S. Keys to sustaining partnerships between professional sports franchises and local community organizations to promote health: A case study of the San Diego Padres' FriarFit Initiative. Sport Management Review. Submitted for Initial Review.
|Jackson Preston, P. Success without Burnout for Minority Professionals: Building Pathways towards Self-Care and Resilience (Keynote). Black Youth Guidance Forum. California State University, Northridge.||2017|
|Jackson Preston, P. Beyond the Mask: Health Disparities in Communities of Color (Workshop). Black Youth Guidance Forum. California State University, Northridge.||2017|
DrPH, Health Services 2012
- University of California, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA
MPH, Health Behavior & Health Education, 2004
- University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
Ann Arbor, MI
BA, Cultural & Social Anthropology, 2002
- Stanford University
Palo Alto, CA