Paul Liu, Ph.D., Professor
CMfgE, CQE, Six Sigma Green Belt
- Received almost four million dollars (around $700,000 at CSULA) of grants, contracts, and research funding from NSF, Department of Defense, Society of Manufacturing Engineers Education Foundation, and several private foundations in the areas of curriculum and laboratory development, and workforce training.
- Proposal Review Panels for NSF, SME Education Foundation, American Society of Quality, and Department of Defense in manufacturing related projects.
- Attended more than 80 workshops, conferences, and seminars in advanced manufacturing, pedagogical curriculum design, teamwork and communication skills building, and project management.
- Editorial Board members of several international journals and conferences.
- Peer Reviewer for International Journal of Modeling and Simulation, International Journal of Computers and Industrial Engineering, and Journal of Manufacturing Systems.
- Nunn-Perry Awards, received at 2010 Department of Defense Mentor-Protégé Conference, March 10, 2010, National Harbor, VA
- The 2009 World Class Team Special Recognition Award, at the 2009 Annual Corporate Socio-Economic Business Programs Recognition Awards, Northrop Grumman Company, December 4, 2009, Manhattan Beach, CA