|Monday||5:00 to 6:00 pm|
|Tuesday||5:00 to 6:00 pm|
Akbar E. TorbatEconomics and Statistics
Office: SH 610
Akbar Esfahani Torbat began teaching at California State University, Los Angeles, in 1989. He has also taught at the University of California - Los Angeles, the University of Southern California, and several other CSU campuses. He has taught Economic Development, Comparative Economic Systems, International Economics, International Finance, Intermediate Macroeconomics, Economics for the Citizens, Money and Banking, and a number of other courses.
He received his Ph.D. in Political Economy from the University of Texas at Dallas in 1987. His field of specialization is international political economy. Dr. Torbatís articles have been published in scholarly journals such as the Middle East Journal and The World Economy. He has been interviewed by various international media outlets concerning his field of expertise. He has also served as reviewer for several academic journals.
Articles Published on the Internet
- The Unexpected Results of Presidential Election in Iran, July 02, 2013, Original.Antiwar.com
- Iran has a Challenging Election Ahead , June 1, 2013, www.InformationCleraringHouse.com
- Financial Corruption in Iran, March 2, 2013,
- EU Embargoes Iran over the Nuke Issue, July 08, 2012, www.informationClearingHouse.info
- The Confrontation with Iran: A Covert War, January 20, 2012, www.InformationClearingHouse.info
- The Arab Uprisings and Iran’s Green Movement, October 19, 2011, www.InformationClearingHouse.info
- The Neocolonial Order is to Stay: The Fate of Libya, September 23, 2011, www.InformationClearingHouse.info
- The Lingering Crisis of Neoliberal Capitalism, September 10, 2011, www.InformationClearingHouse.info
- Iran’s Presidential Elections, Populism and Liberation Theology, the Centre for Research on Globalization, June 28, 2009, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=14143.
- Global Financial Meltdown and the Demise of Neoliberalism, the Centre for Research on Globalization, October 13, 2008, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=10549.
- U.S. – Iran “Game of Chicken”, the Centre for Research on Globalization, March 26, 2007, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5184.
- UN Financial Sanctions on Iran, the Centre for Research on Globalization, March 9, 2007, http://www.globalresearch.ca/index.php?context=va&aid=5034.
Selected Peer-Reviewed Articles
- Industrialization and Dependency: the Case of Iran, ECO Economic Journal, http://www.ecosecretariat.org Economic Cooperation Organization, October, 2010.
- Impacts of the U.S. Trade and Financial Sanctions on Iran, The World Economy, Vol. 28, No. 3, PP 407-434, March 2005. http://papers.ssrn.com/sol3/papers.cfm?abstract_id=685179
- A Glance at US Policies toward Iran: Past and Present, Journal of Iranian Research and Analysis, Vol. 20, No. 1, PP. 85-94, April 2004.
- The Brain Drain from Iran to the United States, the Middle East Journal, Volume 56, NO. 2, PP. 272-295, Spring 2002. http://www.mideasti.org/middle-east-journal/volume-56/2/brain-drain-iran-united-states
|Course||Course Title||Day & Time||Room||Quarter|
|ECON 360-1||Developing Countries and the Global Economy||Mon 6:10 to 10:00 pm||SH A329||Fall 2011|
|ECON 150-1||Economics for the Citizens||Tues.Thu. 9:50 to 11:30 am||SH C162||Spring 2012|
|ECON 303-4||Money, Banking, and the Economy||Tues. Thu. 11:40 to 1:20 am||SH C237||Spring 2012|
|ECON 360-1||Developing Countries and Global Economy||Mon. 6:10 to 10:00 pm||SH C237||Fall 2013|
|ECON 460-1||Economics of Developing Countries||Tues. 6:10 to 10:00 pm||SH C237||Fall 2013|