College of Extended Studies and International Programs (CESIP)
Refund Policy for Non-Credit Classes
Here is the important information you need to know about refunds:
1. Refunds are based on the postmarked date, or the CESIP's
date-stamp on your refund request.
2. You will receive a full refund if your class is cancelled for any reason. Please allow 4 to 6 weeks for processing.
3. You will receive a full refund minus a $10 processing fee if you submit your refund request prior to the first class meeting.
4. You will receive a refund minus 65% of fees paid for any course that has more than four meetings. However, you MUST submit your request before 25% of the course time has elapsed.
5. You receive no refund if you submit a refund request after 25% of the course time has elapsed for any course that has more than four meetings.
6. There is no refund for courses that have four or fewer meetings once the course begins.
Refund Policy for Credit Classes
Students enrolled in for credit courses and programs offered through the College of Extended Studies and International Programs (CESIP), including Open University, are entitled to a refund when they follow the campus-established procedures to drop classes or withdraw from program as outlined below.
Students must drop courses or withdraw from a program before the first day of classes to receive a 100% refund of registration fees less a $10.00 administrative fee. A signed Course/Program Withdrawal and Request for Refund Form dated before the first day of class must be submitted to (CESIP) Welcome Center, University Student Union, Room 105 in order to obtain a refund.
Students who drop a course or withdraw from a program after the start of quarter will receive a pro-rata refund of registration fees. The pro-rata refund is based on the date on which the Course/Program Withdrawal and Request for Refund Form is received in the College office.
Students who withdraw after the seventh week of the quarter will not be eligible to receive a refund of registration fees and will be responsible for 100% of fees for the term.
A $10.00 administrative fee will be withheld from all refunds unless withdrawal is the result of a campus regulation, compulsory military service, disability, death of the student or class cancellation by the College of Extended Studies and International Programs (CESIP).
Refund checks will be mailed to the address noted on the Course/Program Withdrawal and Request for Refund Form. The refund checks are mailed approximately four to six weeks after the request is received by the College. See Open University Registration Form for refund deadline dates. For Daily Refund Proration Table details, please visit Disbursement Office: www.calstatela.edu/univ/sfinserv/disb.php
Regular Office Hours:
Monday - Thursday
8 a.m. - 6 p.m.
8 a.m. - 5 p.m.