Applicants will NOT be accepted from the student. All exchange applicants must be submitted to your home campus coordinator.Exchange student application packet includes:
- Completed J-1 Exchange Student Application
- Proof of financial support
- A Statement of Purpose detailing your academic goals and reasons for choosing to study at CSULA
- Language proficiency:
- UG: TOEFL 500 (pbt), 61 (ibt); IELTS 5.5
- Official transcripts (English translation if needed)
When the International Office has completed a preliminary review of your application for completeness and eligibility, it will be forwarded to the Office of Admissions and Recruitment for evaluation. After the University Admissions Office has evaluated your application, you and your university’s coordinator will be notified to complete the CSULA on-line application.
A CSULA Campus Identification Number and password will be emailed to you. For international exchange applicants, the DS-2019 (Certificate of Eligibility for J Status) will be issued and mailed to your coordinator.
Questions regarding the status of your application MUST be directed to your university’s coordinator. Do not contact the Office of Admissions and Recruitment or the International Office directly.