The Erika J. Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center invites you to participate in three training sessions that will prepare you to be an ally for undocumented students. Each session builds on the previous session’s knowledge base. Completing all the sessions is not required. However, by participating in all three, you will earn an ally certificate and sticker for your office identifying you as an ally of undocumented students.
Join us for sessions I and II this fall, and session III in the spring. All sessions will be repeated during the spring semester. Spring semester training dates will be available in November.
Session I: UndocuAlly: Dreamers 101
- Tuesday, September 19 from 10:00-11:00am, Montebello Room, Third Floor, U-SU
- Wednesday, October 4 from 10:00-11:00am, San Gabriel Room, Third Floor, U-SU
- Friday, October 20 from 1:30-2:30pm, Alhambra Room, Third Floor, U-SU
Session I has reached capacity
Session II: UndocuAlly: Supporting Dreamers
- Thursday, November 2 from 10:00am-12:00pm, San Gabriel Room, Third Floor, U-SU
Session II has reached capacity
Session III: Next Steps to Becoming an Ally/Stepping to Action
- Spring Semester 2018 (More details to follow.)
Follow this link to register for Session III
- Increase knowledge about the needs, concerns, and issues of immigrant students and their families.
- Provide education on relevant immigration laws and related challenges.
- Increase understanding of DACA, AB 540, and the California Dream Act.
Space is limited. It is recommended that you RSVP at least two days prior to the session date.
For more information, contact the Erika J. Glazer Family Dreamers Resource Center at (323)343-436