Step 1 – CSU Application
To be considered for the Educational Opportunity Program you must fill out and submit the online CSU application. Before filling out the application, please have the following information handy:
- Parents’ educational and financial background
- Income tax information
- Your social security number
Step 2 – Click “YES”
The CSU application will offer you the opportunity to indicate your interest in EOP.
- Click “YES” if you are interested.
- You will then be prompted to answer questions specific to the EOP program. Some questions ask for biographical information and give you the opportunity to express why EOP would be a good fit for you. These are critical and we advise you to fill them out as thoughtfully and thoroughly as possible.
- Make sure to answer every question before submitting your application.
Step 3 – Transcripts and Letters of Recommendation
Once you submit your CSU application, EOP will contact you and will request:
- Unofficial college transcripts from all institutions you have attended. Submit the transcripts directly to EOP and not the University's Office of Admissions. You can email your transcripts to email@example.com or mail them to our office:
Educational Opportunity Program
California State University, Los Angeles
Student Affairs, Room 215
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
- The names and email addresses of two people who will provide letters of recommendation – one academic and one professional, or two academic. EOP will email them a request for letters of recommendation.
- Please be sure the people you have selected know that you are putting them down for letters of recommendation.
- You can check on the status of your letters of recommendation on CSU Apply. You will receive an automatic email once your letters have been sumitted.
Step 4 – Follow up
- It is your responsibility to follow up with the EOP Admissions office to complete your file and to make sure all your documents have been received.
- If you have any questions or concerns, please do not hesitate to contact EOP Admissions via email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone (323)-343-3214.
- If you are selected to participate in EOP, we will email you a letter of acceptance.