Essays Will Be Evaluated On The Following Criteria
- Response to the question should include evidence from your own personal experience and observations of being involved in service activities such as service learning or community service through Cal State LA classes or Cal State LA - sponsored activities;
- Reference to the writings/speeches of Dr. King using proper citation;
- Clear topic and theme.
- Essays must be in PDF format (names, identification numbers, or any other information will be removed from the document before it is reviewed by the campus committee).
- Length: 500 words
- Spacing 1.5
- 12-pt. Fonts
- 1-inch Margins
Rules and Requirements
- Entrants must be current Cal State L.A. students enrolled for at least one semester in 2019-2020 academic year.
- One submission per student.
- Individual submissions only.
- Deadline: Friday, February 28, 2020.
- All essays are expected to be the original work of the essay contestant.
- Winning participants will be notified by email and be featured on the Center for Engagement, Service, and the Public Good website.
- All essays submitted will become the property of California State University, Los Angeles, and may be used for publications, websites, research, and/or displayed throughout the community. (Submissions will not be returned)