The English Language Program Seeks Term Instructors
The College of Professional and Global Education (PaGE) seeks well-qualified instructors for new appointments as term Instructors in its English Language Program (ELP). ELP Term Instructors are classified as temporary and part-time; they are hired on the basis of a Letter of Appointment.
Teachers interested in future, part-time appointments should submit their applications in advance of the start of a semester. The hiring process at Cal State LA may take a number of weeks, so we encourage you to submit your application at least one month prior to the start of a semester.
Description of Duties:
Term Instructors are typically hired to teach one to three courses during a specific term in the regular ELP core program. ELP terms generally align with those of the university in the new semester system, and consist of two 16-week semesters in Fall (late August to early December) and Spring (late January to mid May), and a super-intensive 10 week Summer term (early June to early August).
- Master’s degree in TESOL or equivalent
- Relevant EFL/ESL teaching experience
- Evidence of strong written and oral communication skills, cross-cultural sensitivity, ability to work collaboratively, familiarity with instructional technology
- Experience in teaching in a college-level Intensive English Program
- Experience in directly related activities (e.g. creation of course outlines)
- Relevant professional activity beyond the classroom (e.g. conference participation)
- Diverse language-teaching experience (international or domestic, EFL or ESL, credit or non-credit, etc.)
- Experience in teaching languages other than English; mastery of foreign language(s).
(In digital format: documents should be attached to an e-mail submission; any paper documents should be scanned to a color pdf)
- Letter of interest (cover letter)
- Current Curriculum Vitae with a List of Referees with current contact information (letters of reference can be included but are not required; referees must be readily reachable)
** transcripts are not required in the initial submission of materials, but should be available on request (unofficial transcripts are normally acceptable).