Cal State LA is the only public university in the California State University system that is located in the heart of the city of Los Angeles. The campus is located in the eastern region of Los Angeles, adjacent to the San Gabriel Valley, and is just 10 kilometers (5 miles) east of Downtown Los Angeles area. Also, Cal State LA is the only university in Southern California to have a Metrolink station on campus, making the campus easily accesssible by public transportation. Nearby destinations and attractions include Santa Monica Beach (32 kilometers), Chinatown (4 kilometers), Los Angeles International Airport (37 kilometers), Universal Studios Hollywood (13 kilometers) and Disneyland (38 kilometers).
Quick Facts about Cal State LA Students
The Colleges of Cal State LA
Students in the advanced levels of the English Language Program can take classes at Cal State LA through Open University. Cal State LA's eight (8) colleges* are:
- College of Arts & Letters
- College of Business & Economics
- Charter College of Education
- College of Engineering, Computer Science, & Technology
- College of Health & Human Services
- College of Natural & Social Sciences
- College of Professional and Global Education
- Honors College
*For a full list of degree programs offered at Cal State LA, please check the University Catalog.