ADMISSION AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
Applications will be accepted until spaces are filled. Please be aware of CSU Mentor deadlines.Completed application files submitted by January 31, 2017 will be reviewed first. Applications received after January 31, 2017 will still be considered until the fall 2017 cohort is determined.
Please Note: TWO applications must be completed for consideration, please see directions below.
STEP 1: Apply to the University through CSU APPLY
- Once you apply to the university through CSU APPLY you will be given a CIN number; you need this CIN in order to submit an EdD Program in Educational Leadership application.
STEP 2: Complete your EdD in Educational Leadership Program Online Application
- Complete all required sections of your EdD program application which will require you to upload:
- A Statement of Purpose (answer EdD question prompts on application, 1/2-1 page per prompt)
- Professional Resume
- A Writing Sample (showcases your best writing abilities)
- GRE scores (must be within 5 years of applying to the program)
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Unofficial Transcripts from each college of attendance for uploading
STEP 3: Mail Official Transcripts/Test Scores to Cal State LA
- Please send sealed official transcripts (Submitting Transcripts/Test Scores to Admissions) from all universities, except Cal State LA. If you attended Cal State LA as an undergraduate or post-baccalaureate student, Cal State LA will have those transcripts on file.
- You must mail or deliver your official transcripts to:
Walk-in Campus Location:
Student Affairs ADMIN 101
- Mail to:
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
ATTN: Graduate Admissions
Cal State LA
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
STEP 4: Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test (scores must not be over five years old from the time you apply to the program)
(Note: scores from all three sections of the GRE General Test are required--no exceptions)
GRE at www.ets.org
*Please use the following identifying codes to have your scores sent to us:
1) Institution Code and name is 4399, California State University, Los Angeles; and
2) Dept. Code and name is 3001, Educational Administration.
* International Students must take the TOEFL exam http://www.ets.org/toefl . The university will not exempt international students from taking this exam.
YOUR APPLICATION IS CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE UNTIL ALL SUPPORTING DOCUMENTS
AND TEST SCORES HAVE BEEN RECEIVED!
Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership
Division of Applied & Advanced Studies in Education
Charter College of Education
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8143
King Hall C1065
Phone: 323-343-6164 Fax: 323-343-4252
Office Staff: Cathy Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
Divison Staff: Bee Lee email@example.com