ADMISSION AND APPLICATION INFORMATION
Please Note: TWO applications must be completed for consideration, please see directions below.
STEP 1: Apply to the University through Cal State APPLY
- Once you apply to the university through Cal State APPLY you will be given a CIN number; you need this CIN in order to submit an EdD Program in Educational Leadership application.
NOTE: In order to qualify for our doctorate program, you must have a minimum cumulative 3.25 GPA in your Master's graduate program.
- Cal State APPLY tutorial
STEP 2: CCOE Supplemental EdD Application CCOE Application
- Complete all required sections of your EdD program application which will require you to upload:
- A Statement of Purpose (answer EdD question prompts on application, 1/2-1 page per prompt)
- Professional Resume
- A Writing Sample (showcases your best writing abilities)
- GRE scores (must be within 5 years of applying to the program)
- Three Letters of Recommendation ( will require an email address to send your recommender a request for their letter of recommendation)
- Unofficial Transcripts from each college of attendance for uploading
STEP 3: Mail Official Transcripts/Test Scores to Cal State LA
- Please send sealed official transcripts (Submitting Transcripts/Test Scores to Admissions) from all universities, except from Cal State LA. If you attended Cal State LA as an undergraduate or post-baccalaureate student, Cal State LA will have those transcripts on file.
- You must mail or deliver your official transcripts to:
- Electronically: See list of schools Cal State LA will accept transcripts from electronically http://www.calstatela.edu/admissions/submitting-documents
- Walk-in Campus Location: Student Affairs ADMIN 101
- Mail to:
Office of Admissions and Recruitment
Cal State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032
STEP 4: Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test
- SCORES MUST BE WITHIN 5 YEARS OF APPLYING TO THE EdD PROGRAM
- SCORES from all three sections of the GRE General Test are required www.ets.org
- Exam must be taken and scores submitted to the university by May, 31st to be considered for Fall admission
- International Students must take the TOEFL exam http://www.ets.org/toefl . The university will not exempt international students from taking this exam.
*Please use the following identifying codes to have your scores sent to us:
1) Institution Code for GRE/TOEFL is 4399, California State University, Los Angeles; and
2) ETS Program codes is 3003, Educational Leadership
Ed.D. Program in Educational Leadership
Division of Applied & Advanced Studies in Education
Charter College of Education
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90032-8143
Doctoral Office: King Hall C1065
Phone: 323-343-6164 Fax: 323-343-4252
Office Staff: Cathy Morales firstname.lastname@example.org
Divison Staff: Bee Lee email@example.com