The eligibility requirements for admission to the Blended BS/MS program are:
- Students must have completed a minimum of 135 quarter units of coursework.
- Students must have a minimum GPA of 2.75 in the last 90 quarter units.
- Students must have completed all the six required CS 300-level courses (CS301, CS312, CS320, CS332FLC, CS337, CS386) in the BS degree program with a minimum grade of "B".
- Students must have completed the Graduation Writing Assessment Requirement (GWAR)
Students are selected by a faculty committee based on prior academic performance and other measures of professional promise including a personal statement and letters of recommendation.
Applications for the Computer Science Blended BS+MS program are only accepted in the Fall and Spring quarters.
Filing period: Fall Admission: July 1st - August 1st; Spring Admission: January 1st - February 1st.
Students do not need to pay the application fee to apply to the blended program. To apply, please submit:
- Your application word doc format. [email to firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Two letters of recommendations in word doc format. [Request two CS faculty members (at least one should be from a CS Full-Time faculty) to email recommendation letter to email@example.com]
After review by a faculty committee and if the application is accepted, a Graduate Degree Study Plan will be prepared and approved. The department chair will submit a GS-8 Form to the Registrar’s Office to change the degree objective from the BS to the BS+MS blended program. The formal degree plan would specify the sixteen units of common electives to be listed on the BS and the MS program.