Offered at Cal State LA Downtown, the Professional Certificate Program in Leadership develops leaders at all stages of career growth and professional development, including aspirational leaders. Designed to increase the capacity for change and adaptation for newly oriented leaders or those seeking leadership roles, Cal State LA's program helps individuals master core competencies for both themselves and their teams, including boosting self-confidence, cultivating group dynamics, fostering innovation, and developing decision-making abilities. A strengths-based approach and practice-based simulations help diverse professionals master effective leadership techniques in versatile situations and real-life settings.
Students will master the following leadership competencies:
- Self-effectiveness (accountability to self and team)
- Group dynamics (interrelationships/delegating)
- Critical thinking (analyzing/problem solving)
- Feedback & decision-making (motivating/prioritizing)
- Innovation (creativity/process improvement)
Who Should Enroll?
- Aspiring leaders, newly promoted supervisors, managers, or coordinators working in the private, governmental, and nonprofit sectors
- Self-identified leaders or those seeking to improve and accelerate their leadership skills and development
- Entrepreneurs, freelancers, and independent business professionals looking to expand and grow their enterprise
- Individuals who wish to pursue a strengths-based career that aligns with purposeful action
Tuition & Fees
To learn more, contact PaGE Programs at 323-343-4915
Federal financial aid is not available for the Professional Program in Leadership. However, you can apply for a private student loan here.
About the Instructor
Enrollment for the Spring 2020 Professional Certificate in Leadership program will open late Fall 2019. Please check back soon.
For more information about the Professional Certificate in Leadership program, please contact the College of Professional and Global Education at Cal State LA via email or (323) 343-4915.