Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Services at Downtown Los Angeles Campus

BS in Rehab Services

B.S. in Rehabilitation Services | Degree Completion Program

Program Description:
Offered at our Downtown Los Angeles (DTLA) Campus, the Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Services, option in Alcohol and Drug Counseling, provides pre-certification and pre-service training for individuals dedicated to serving populations recovering from addiction.

This program prepares students to work in a variety of occupational settings and advance the independence, integration and participation of individuals with rehabilitation needs in urban communities, and the workforce with the goal of helping individuals with rehabilitation needs return to productive livelihood.

 (Note: Courses are generally offered once per week in the evenings Monday - Thursday.)

Who Should Enroll?

The program is ideal for:

  • Individuals with the desire to make an impact by assisting those undergoing rehabilitation and integrate clients into mainstream society
  • Students seeking a degree that includes pre-certification and pre-service training to serve the recovering populations
  • Individuals who want to complete the Alcohol and Drug Counseling Certificate Program and Bachelor of Science in Rehabilitation Services Option: Alcohol and Drug Counseling in order to meet the educational requirements to apply for the Certified Alcohol and Drug Counselor II Credential

Tuition & Fees

Course Cost: $425 per unit

Financial Aid

Click here for financial aid information


To be considered for admission into the Bachelor’s Degree Completion Programs, applicants must be considered an “upper-division transfer student.”

Applicants who have completed 60 transferable semester (90 quarter) units of college coursework are considered upper-division transfer students. Transferable courses are those designated for baccalaureate credit by the college or university offering the courses and accepted as such by the campus to which the applicant seeks admission. Most commonly, college level credits earned from an institution of higher education accredited by a regional accrediting agency are accepted for transfer to campuses of the CSU.

Generally, applicants will qualify for consideration for upper-division transfer admission if they meet the following requirements. Applicants who do not meet these requirements may be denied admission:

  • Complete at least 60 transferrable semester (90 quarter) units, including the necessary coursework to fulfill Cal State LA’s  lower-division General Education requirements
  • Earn grades of “C” or better in college-level English Composition, Oral Communication, Critical Thinking, and College-Level Mathematics courses.
  • Have an overall minimum transferrable college grade point average of at least 2.00.
  • Be in good standing and eligible to re-enroll at your last college or university attended; and
  • Regardless of residency, if you have not attended a high school/secondary level education institution where English was the principal language of instruction for at least three years full time, or have not completed a transferable college-level English Composition course from a United States post-secondary institution, with a grade of 'C' or better, you must obtain a minimum English Language Proficiency Exam score.
  • F-1 student visas are not available to study in this program

Transferring courses from a California Community College:
Applicants who completed coursework at California community colleges are strongly urged to complete a GE Certification Plan and/or consult with their college transfer counselor regarding meeting the California State University (CSU) admission requirements for upper-division transfer admission. “Certification” is the official notification from a California community college or another CSU campus that a transfer student has completed courses fulfilling lower-division General Education requirements.

Students may transfer a maximum of 70 semester units. If you have additional units, you may not receive unit credit, but course credit may still be offered.

To view how your California community college courses can be articulated at Cal State LA, please visit

For Students Who Are Not GE Certified or Do Not Possess an AA-T or AS-T Degree:
Verification that prior coursework fulfills Cal State LA’s lower-division General Education requirements will not officially be made until the conclusion of students’ first semester. Please note that students who are found to be missing General Education requirements during this verification process must complete all missing GE coursework at a Community College or through Open University before they can earn the baccalaureate degree. Please contact us at if you’d like to speak to someone for an unofficial evaluation of your prior college coursework.

Important Note: Students pursuing their degree on Cal State LA’s Main Campus may not take courses at the DTLA Campus as part of their degree program. Only students admitted to programs offered at the DTLA Campus may attend courses at the DTLA Campus after paying all required fees. Current Cal State LA students are welcome to pursue a program at the DTLA Campus in addition to their degree, but additional fees will apply. Programs offered at the DTLA Campus are not transferable to the Cal State LA Main Campus. Students admitted to a program at the DTLA Campus are welcome to pursue a program at the Cal State LA Main Campus, but an additional application is required.

Program Curriculum

To Apply/Application Deadline

Download and review Step-by-Step Application Instructions.

Fall 2017 Application Deadline: To Be Announced 


Please submit all Official Transcripts to:

Cal State LA – BS Rehabilitation Services
5151 State University Drive, Golden Eagle Room 215
Los Angeles, CA 90032-8619