Angeleno Card – financial assistance for in-need households via no-fee prepaid cards.
Restaurant, Bar and Food Services
File a California Unemployment Claim:
- Online at Employment Development Department
- By phone:
Utility/Bill Pay Assistance
- 211 – Dial 211 and ask for bill pay assistance services.
- Salvation Army – Offers utility payment assistance once per year. Call (323)263-7577.
- SoCalGas – SoCalGas announced they will not disconnect services to customers who can’t pay their gas bills.
- Southern California Edison – Will not disconnect services to customers who are unable to pay their bill. In partnership with United Way, offers one-time energy assistance and bill pay of up to $100 dollars. Visit their Energy Assistance Fund.
Social Security Benefits/Employment Support
- Apply for Social Security Disability Benefits.
- Child Support Services LA County – Updates on office closures and how to receive an electronic payment.
Support for Businesses/Workers
- Los Angeles County Economic Development Corporation – Worker Resources (e.g., who’s hiring now, paid family leave and unemployment insurance, incentives your employer can obtain to keep you hired) and Business & Employer Resources.
- Los Angeles Area Chamber of Commerce – Resources for nonprofits, small businesses, startups and workers impacted by COVID-19.
- California Labor & Workforce Development Agency – Support Services for Workers, Rights and Protections for Workers, Benefits for Workers Impacted by COVID-19.
- Governor’s Office of Business and Economic Development
- California Association for Local Economic Development – Business resources by city.
- State of California Department of Industrial Relations – COVID-19 FAQs on laws enforced by the California Labor Commissioner's Office.