REGISTRATION AND TICKETS
In early spring, candidates who graduated fall 2018 semester and winter 2019 intersession, and projected graduates for spring 2019 semester, and summer 2019 term will be invited to attend Grad Fair at the Golden Eagle Ballrooms on April 10 and 11, 2019, from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Grad Fair will be the first opportunity for eligible graduating candidates to register to participate in the ceremonies by reserving guest tickets.
Instructions during Grad Fair:
- Swipe your Cal State LA I.D. (if candidate does not have their Cal State LA I.D., enter the CIN number in the entry field)
- Click on the ceremony or ceremonies that you are assigned to
- Reserve the number of guest tickets needed based on your allotment
- Click on Process Order
- Once tickets have been reserved, log out
- There is NO printing at the event and the tickets are automatically emailed to the Cal State LA email address
For fall 2018 and winter 2019 applicants, make sure to forward your Cal State LA email address to an email address you use regularly. Depending on the security setting of your email address, sometimes confirmation emails are forwarded to spam.
If the candidate receives an error message during Grad Fair, it is due to one of the following issues:
- graduation application was submitted after February 15, 2019
- graduation application is still under review
- candidate entered the incorrect information in the entry fields
AFTER GRAD FAIR
Eligible graduating candidates who missed Grad Fair, and were unable to register to participate and reserve guest tickets, will be able to register online by simply following the reservation instructions below in the Registration / Ticket Reservation section. Online registration starts on April 22, 2019, at 8 a.m. (PST) until May 3, 2019, at 5 p.m. (PST). After May 3 at 5 p.m. (PST), registration to participate and reservation of guest tickets will no longer be guaranteed. Each guest, including children, will be required to possess a ticket in order to gain admittance to the University Gymnasium.
Guests who are unable to obtain a ticket can view the ceremonies at Golden Eagle Ballrooms 1 & 2 at the Golden Eagle building, 3rd floor. Each ceremony will be livestreamed. No tickets are required for this venue. Seating is first-come, first-served.
From May 20 - 24, 2019, each ceremony will be livestreamed online. Guests who are unable to attend but still want to view the festivities can visit www.calstatela.edu and watch the ceremonies from their computer, laptop, or mobile device.
IMPORTANT: Please note that Commencement tickets are FREE and are not for sale. Each ticket has a unique bar-code and is specific to a ceremony. Once a bar-code has been scanned, any copies of the same ticket will not be valid and will not allow entry into the gymnasium. Tickets that are sold or bought are not authorized by the University and the authenticity of these tickets cannot be guaranteed. It is the graduating candidate’s responsibility to reserve and distribute tickets to their guests.
Graduating candidates are allotted seven (7) tickets during Grad Fair OR during the online registration period of April 22, 2019 at 8 a.m. (PST) until May 3, 2019 at 5 p.m. (PST). After the ticketing deadline, participation, guest tickets and ticket allocation are no longer guaranteed. Additional tickets cannot be requested by email or phone call. Please see the Additional Tickets tab below for information on how to obtain additional tickets if available.
REGISTRATION AND TICKET RESERVATION
ONLINE REGISTRATION TO PARTICIPATE AND RESERVATION OF GUEST TICKETS
April 22, 2019, at 8 a.m. (PST) until May 3, 2019, at 5 p.m. (PST)
By reserving guest tickets, you are confirming to participate in the 2019 Commencement ceremonies. Please follow the instructions below. After the deadline date, candidate participation and reservation of guest tickets will no longer be guaranteed. It is the candidate’s responsibility to register to participate and reserve tickets in a timely manner.
- Click on the Commencement tickets reservation link (will not be available until April 22, 2019).
- Enter your Cal State LA email address as your username. For DNP candidates, enter the university email address that you provided to Cal State LA.
- Enter your CIN as your password. For DNP candidates, enter your university student I.D. number.
- Click on the ceremony or ceremonies that you are assigned to.
- Reserve the number of guest tickets you are allotted.
- Click on Process Order until reservation is finalized.
- To view your ticket reservations, simply click on the "My Tickets" tab on the top bar.
Additional tickets are not guaranteed to be available for all ceremonies. After May 3, 2019, all unused tickets (if available) will be pooled. Candidates who reserved during Grad Fair OR during the open registration period will receive an email notification on Monday, May 6, regarding the status of additional tickets and instructions to reserve them. Additional tickets (if available) will only be distributed on Friday, May 10, 2019, online. Tickets are first come first served and once they are all reserved, no additional tickets will be distributed.
If you are unable to obtain additional tickets, you may be able to obtain them from fellow graduating candidates who will not use their full allotment. Please note that the buying and selling of Commencement tickets are not authorized by the University. Tickets reported to be bought or sold will be invalidated.