In the Fall of 2017, Cal State LA will be participating in a Chancellor's Office initiative to split the Campus Solutions (CS) and Human Resources (HR) modules in PeopleSoft and then upgrade Campus Solutions (CS) module to application release 9.2. Currently, the CS and HR systems are consolidated in one system environment. This is a CSU systemwide initiative that will help Cal State LA and all the CSU institutions better serve the needs of students, staff and faculty. There are several major steps that will take place as part of this implementation at Cal State LA:
- PeopleTools upgrade - Upgrade of PeopleTools from 8.54.09 to 8.55.13
- CS/HR split - The separation of the Campus Solutions (CS) module from the Human Resources (HR) module in our current PeopleSoft environment. This is in preparation for the Common HR System project (CHRS).
- CS 9.2 upgrade - Upgrade of Cal State LA's CS environment from application release 9.0 to application release 9.2. This upgrade should have minimal impact to the campuses as there are no major changes to current functionality.
- CS and HR integration - This Integration will link the CS and HR environments together to maintain business continuity.
- Apply third party integrations - Integrate any third party solutions back to the upgraded HR and CS environments
- Apply local modifications - Re-apply/retrofit local modifications to the CS environment
Timeline - Los Angeles Campus Implementation
The Chancellor's Office will be implementing the CS 9.2 upgrade and split for the 23 campuses beginning April 2017 through December 2018. Cal State LA will begin our wave in October 2017 with a go-live date of April 9, 2018. Specifics about Los Angeles' timeline are below:
- Three passes will take place for testing/upgrade
- Upgrade - Pass 1: October 9, 2017 - October 23, 2017
- Campus Dev/Build: October 23, 2017 - January 22, 2018
- Upgrade - Pass 2: January 8, 2018 - January 22, 2018
- System Test: January 22, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- Upgrade - Pass 3: February 26, 2018 - March 12, 2018
- User Acceptance Testing: March 12, 2018 - April 5, 2018
- Move to Production: April 5, 2018 (System downtime for deployment will begining at 5:00 pm on Thursday, April 5, 2018. The system will be available at 8:00 am on Monday, April 9, 2018)
For Cal State LA employees, you can find additional information by visitng the Campus Solutions 9.2 Upgrade site. This will require your MyCalStateLA ID username and password to log into. The site contains frequent project updates and other project team guides to assist with the upgrade scheduled listed above.