CETL Academic Success Academy
Deadline to apply is June 1, 2015
The Cal State L.A. Center for Effective Teaching and Learning (CETL) is offering an Academic Success Academy. Applicants who have begun to redesign a current course will continue to work on the course this summer using the provided Institute model.
Selected participants will receive a $2,500 summer stipend and a small learning materials grant.
- There are a limited number of seats available in the Academy.
- Applicants will have attended a CETL 4-day Institute during the 2013-2014 or 2014-2015 Academic Year.
- Applicants will redesign a course that they will teach in the 2015-2016 Academic Year.
- Selected participants will attend all Academic Success Academy meetings as follows:
- Friday, June 26 (Noon – 2:00 pm)
- Friday, July 24 (Noon – 2:00 pm)
- Friday, August 21 (Noon – 2:00 pm)
- Friday, September 18 (Noon – 2:00 pm)
- Participants must agree to the CETL Academy participation and reporting requirements
Application Process and Timeline
- Please ensure you can attend (and calendar) all 4 meetings listed above. Review the Academy Agreement.
- Complete the online application at: http://sgiz.mobi/s3/Academic-Success-Academy-Application-Summer-2015
- (You will be asked to upload a syllabus for the class you would like to redesign)
- PDF of Academic Success Academy application available
- Application deadline: Monday, June 1, 2015
- Academy members will be notified by Friday, June 5, 2015.
In preparation for semester conversion, CETL will sponsor quarterly Course Redesign and Flipped/Hybrid and Online Institutes.
For more information email CETL@calstatela.edu