The RUSH Program Advisory Committee
will evaluate the application of candidates and three letters
of recommendation from their high school science or mathematics
Students must enroll in undergraduate
majors at Cal State LA in disciplines useful in the biomedical
sciences (chemistry, biochemistry, biophysics, biology, microbiology,
mathematics, or related fields). In addition, students must have:
- demonstrated high academic ability
in course work (a grade point average of 3.5 and good letters
of recommendation are desirable).
- completed college preparatory high
school courses in biology, chemistry, physics and pre-calculus.
- achieved a strong score on the SAT
or ACT exam.
- participated in science activities,
such as science clubs, summer research, or in science fairs.
- shown an interest in a career in the
sciences or mathematics and a desire to do independent research.
- demonstrated a determination to enter
graduate programs leading to the Ph.D. in science or mathematics
following completion of the Bachelor of Science degree.
- either U.S. citizenship or legal permanent
Back to: TOP | RUSH
Mainpage | MBRS-RISE Mainpage