The Master of Science degree in Healthcare Management (MS HCM) at Cal State LA has been a local staple since 1975. It is one of the longest-running programs of its kind positioned in a business school accredited by the prestigious AACSB International. We know how to graduate practice-ready healthcare managers capable of leading positive change and dealing with opportunities for improvement.
In addition to the U.S. employers such as AltaMed, Blue Shield of California, Cedars-Sinai Medical Center, City of Hope, Children’s Hospitals, Kaiser Permanente, LA Care Health Plan, UCLA, Veteran’s Administration, LA County/USC and numerous community clinics and hospitals, our graduates can be found in China, Egypt, India, Indonesia, Saudi Arabia, Thailand, and other countries around the world. Some of them had medical, dental, nursing, nutrition, or public health degrees prior to entering the program. Others had management, technology, research, sociology, sports and wellness, military leadership, arts, politics, or accounting backgrounds. Yet some of them managed their own healthcare business ventures or worked in small offices on billing, coding, or patient advocacy. Most of them, however, shared a goal of learning about the tools for strategic improvement in the field.
At the time of financial austerity and systemic legal shifts, you need to know how to manage health and wellness affairs on a budget, serve your community in sustainable ways, and do that while maintaining high quality of care and keeping your employees happy. No other top business school in California teaches you more about healthcare management. Our program's key advantages are:
- the only AACSB accredited HCM master's program in the Los Angeles basin
- quality education with healthcare and management practitioners in the classroom
- affordable and reputable program that celebrates diversity and compassion
- interdisciplinary curriculum and faculty expertise
- multicultural student body in the heart of the world’s key metropolis
- frequent executive guest lectures from the most successful and innovative healthcare industry players
- student involvement in the American College of Healthcare Executives (ACHE) and other professional networks
We help people employed in healthcare settings develop managerial skills and awareness of recent innovations and reforms necessary to meet the demands of management positions. We know what is needed out there in the field and show you how to use healthcare systems, legal environment, and decision skills to ride the waves of change. The program also has an interdisciplinary character that permits students to take courses in many areas, including organizational psychology, information governance, finance, philosophy, and public health. Quality, diversity, and compassion are the hallmarks of our program.
Thank you for visiting our site. I invite you to distinguish yourself with our advanced degree in Healthcare Management!
Dr. Andre S. Avramchuk, PhD, CGEIT
Academic Director and Advisor, Healthcare Management
Please browse our site to
- Review our Master of Science Degree in Healthcare Management program as listed in the University Catalog under Graduate Programs, College of Business & Economics
- Identify unique benefits of our program
- See a list of admission requirements for the MS Health Care Management program
Requirements for the Degree
Quarter Requirements (Previously Enrolled Students Only)