To be admitted to the MBA program in the College of Business and Economics, students must satisfy both the University and the College requirements (Use the link to check the application deadlines: http://web.calstatela.edu/academic/aa/gsr/deptgradschoolsdeadlines.php)
For admission to the University and the MBA program, applicants must:
- Submit an official CSU Graduate Application to the University.(You will need to create an account in order to fill out the application.)
- Have a baccalaureate from an accredited institution, or equivalent academic preparation as determined by the Office of Admissions and University Outreach or another appropriate campus authority.
- Submit official, sealed transcripts, which must include verification of the bachelor's degree.
- Have an overall grade point average (GPA) of at least 2.5 (4.0=A) and good standing at the last college attended.
- Submit a TOEFL score of at least 80 (internet based test), 213 (computer version) or 550 (paper version) for those applicants who earned a bachelor's degree from a school where English was not the principal language of instruction. The University also accepts other English proficiency test scores, such as IELTS (Band 6) and PTE (53).
Upon completion of the application through CSU Mentor (Item #1 above), applicants will be instructed in a bounce-back notice to submit the following materials directly to the College of Business and Economics. Electronic submissions are acceptable (email@example.com).
- A separate Graduate Program Application form. (You will need to download the application and use MS Word to fill it out).
- A GMAT score of 500 or higher. Please logon to www.gmat.org for information about the GMAT exam. The College also accepts a GRE (www.ets.org) test score of 300 or higher (under the new test scale).
- Three letters of recommendation from individuals who can attest to the applicant's ability to pursue graduate studies. References from employers and faculty members are acceptable. A recommendation form can also be used in place of a formal letter (Click here to download the Recommendation Form.)
- A detailed resume or curriculum vitae showing the applicant's work experience (two or more years full time).
The College examines each candidate's potential, taking into consideration all academic work experience, level of responsibility, and other factors that may have a bearing on the individual's potential for success. Applicants are evaluated on the merits of their own application in comparison with those of all other applicants for the quarter.
Applicants without proper documentation, i.e., official transcripts, test scores, employment history, essays, etc., will not be processed. Recommendation for admission will only be based upon files that are complete.
Students who are admitted but do not register in the quarter for which they applied must reapply through CSU Mentor and pay another application fee if seeking admission to any future quarter. There is no deferred admission. Reapplication to the CBE is not necessary if readmission is sought within one academic year. Students who seek to reactivate their CBE graduate program application file for admission consideration must send a letter to the Associate Dean, indicating the quarter for which they would like to seek admission. With the letter they must include information about any activities they have undertaken since the first application. Note that, unless granted a formal leave of absence, continuing graduate students who fail to attend at least two quarters in a given calendar year lose their continuing registration privileges and must compete for readmission with all other applicants.
Contact Dr. Ed Hsieh for questions at (323) 343-2807 or 2810, or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Graduate Admission Unit of CBE is located at Simpson Tower (ST) F124. For MS Health Care Management applicants, contact Dr. Steven McGuire at email@example.com for additional instructions. More details about CBE graduate business programs can be found at http://www.calstatela.edu/gradprog/graduate-programs-degrees-offered.
Graduate Admission Unit ST F124
College of Business and Economics
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, CA 90032