Choosing the right college or university can be challenging and confusing. As a nationally ranked university committed to providing opportunities for students to achieve academic, personal and professional success, it is important to understand why Cal State LA is a smart choice for you.
Innovations - Access to Tools, Technology, and Resources to Students
Wallis Annenberg Integrated Sciences Complex & the Television, Film and Media Center
New Facilities provide students with access to tools, technology and resources needed to bcome the innovative leaders for tomorrow.
Hertzberg-Davis Forensic Science Center
Cal State LA is home to one of the West's most renowned criminalistics programs, based in the state-of-the-art facility, where the students have worked in partnership with the Los Angeles Regional Crime Laboratory.
Early Entrance Program (EEP)
The program involves gifted students, sometimes as young as 11 years old, directly in college life. Cal State LA is also home to the Honors College for high-achieving students.
Nongshim Innovation Lab
The Nongshim Innovation Lab is an incubator dedicated to creating tomorrow's breakthroughs. The center works to educate, train, launch and mobilize young students dedicated to building the companies and industries of the future.
Distinctions - Rankings & Recognition
- Cal State LA was ranked 8 among master's universities in the nation in Washington Monthly's 2015 College Guide. Ratings were based on the school's contribution to the public good in social mobility, research, and service to society.
- Cal State LA is featured as one of TIME Magazine's top 100 colleges and universities, based on a new criteria proposed by the White House that emphasized accessibility, affordability, and completion. Ranked at #24, Cal State LA is one of the seven CSU campuses that made the list in 2014.
- The National Science Foundation ranked Cal State LA as the top institution granting undergraduate degrees to Latinos who go on to receive science and engineering Ph.D.s. Alumni of Cal State LA's Minority Opportunities in Research (MORE) Programs were the largest contributors to the ranking.
- Cal State LA is one of the highest-ranked instutitions in California for conferring the most bachelor's and master's degrees in all disciplines combined to Asian-American and Hispanic students, according to Diverse: Issues in Higher Education.
- Since 2000, U.S. News and World Report's "America's Best Graduate Schools" has listed Cal State LA's nursing graduate program among the top five programs in California and the highest-ranked nursing program in the CSU.
- Cal State LA is listed in The Princeton Review's 2015 annual book, The Best 296 Business Schools. The College of Business and Economics has also ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of the top 10 undergraduate business programs at a public institution in California for more than a decade.
- Cal State LA is listed as one of the California's major producers of teachers, according to a recent California Commission on Teacher Credentialing report.
- U.S. News & World Report's "America's Best Colleges" has rated the engineering program among the nation's best undergraduate programs for more than a decade.
- Cal State LA is one of the "Best Colleges for Veterans" in the nation, according to U.S. News & World Report's 2015 "America's Best Colleges" issue. The University is also ranked by U.S. News as one of the "Top Public Schools" in the nation, listed at #34 under the category of West regional universities.