MFA/MA TV and Film
- Students will demonstrate creative writing skills in the production of projects, plays, screenplays and/or scholarly essays (Skills).
- Students will gain competence as potential researchers and scholars in the field, whether in doctoral study or other research-based positions (Skills).
- Students will demonstrate advanced abilities to employ critical theories and insights in analysis of contemporary theatrical and media productions, practices and impacts (Skills).
- Students will know the industrial, historical and aesthetic components of theatre, television and film production (Knowledge).
- Students will have a greater appreciation for the social responsibilities of contemporary theatre and media, including responsibilities engaging notions of identity, ethics, politics and culture (Attitudes).
- Students will refine the skills for effective career building self-presentation in their professional interactions, communications, negotiations, and collaborations in the realms of higher education, the arts, and media industries (Skills).
- Students will gain practical experience in theatre, film, and television productions preparing them for professional careers in performing, production, and/or writing. (Skills).