The Fall 2017 application available for download now.
The admission into the MFA program is a two-step process. You must apply to the MFA in TVFT Program and the University.
University Admission Requirements
- Complete CSU Mentor Application
- Send TOEFL Score (if applicable)
- Send Transcripts from all accredited institutions of higher education or professional schools attended. Official (sealed) copies required.
Additional requirement information:
- Completion of a four-year college course of study and an acceptable baccalaureate from an institution accredited by a regional accrediting association, or completion of an equivalent academic preparation as determined by the appropriate campus authorities.
- Attainment of a grade point average of at least 2.5 (A=4.0) in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units attempted.
Program Admission Requirements
- Application Form
- Personal Statement of the applicant’s academic and professional objectives in the MFA (1-2 full pages)
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Two Letters of Recommendation applicant’s potential for success (academic preferred)
- For the Dramatic Writing Option: Stage play, and/or television/film script writing portfolio with Portfolio Index
- For the Production Option: Production Reel with Reel Index
- For the Acting/Performance Option: Acting Reel with Reel Index, and a live audition of two contrasting monologues (four minutes in length)
- A 3.0 grade point average in the last 60 semester (90 quarter) units is preferred for unconditional acceptance
- Interviews may be required of all candidates
- Follow instructions on the TVFT application form for submission of materials
Applications for admissions open October 1, 2016.
Deadline for Fall 2017 admission: February 15, 2017
Financial Assistance is Available!
- Student Assistantships and graduate teaching assistantships
- Program, departmental and campus scholarships
- For more information please visit the Financial Aid Website
For additional information, contact:
Tanya Kane-Parry, Director of MFA in TVFT
California State University, Los Angeles
5151 State University Drive
Los Angeles, California 90032-8111