New Page 1

ABC Child
Development Graduate Trainee Positions

3200 N. Rosemead Blvd.

El Monte, CA 91731

Phone: (323) 724-6100


Contact: Lucia Liberman-Bert


Graduate Intern Position

The intern will perform mental health
activities under the weekly supervision of the ABC mental health specialist, a
licensed MFT, and the ABC mental health assistant.  There are mental health
services provided to children and families served by a Head Start/State. Preschool agency.  A one-year commitment is requested with consistency of
hours and days selected.  Our sites are open from 7:30am to 2:30pm with
several Triple Session Sites that are open from 7:30am to 7:30pm.  There
are 21 sites altogether.  We will attempt to place you at the site(s) that
are most attractive to you.  


Minimum Qualifications:

The requirements listed below are representative
of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the activities in a
successful manner.



A bachelor's degree from a fully
accredited post-secondary institution of higher education in one of the
following areas: Psychology, Early Childhood Development, Health &
Human Services, Special Education, Sociology, or related discipline. 


Special Skills, Knowledge, and

Ability to observe and learn
assessment skills related to child behavior and  developmental responses;
ability to work with parents and staff in a collaborative manner; excellent
communication skills in oral and written presentation; Bilingual in
English/Spanish, English/Chinese preferred.



The college Intern will perform
activities under the immediate on-going supervision and direction of the Mental
Health Specialist, a licensed MFT, ad the Mental Health Assistant.  Weekly
groups supervision will be provided.



  • Must
    have a reliable, properly insured vehicle.
  • Copy
    of their medical TB clearance (taken within the past year).
  • Provide
    a written Criminal Record Statement. 
  • This
    is a pass through program for students and fingerprints are not required.

 | Community
Service Learning Homepage
 | Agency
Information Request Form
Get Acrobat Reader 
 | Cal
State LA Psychology Department
 | List
of Community Agencies