- MISSION STATEMENT
- LEARNING OUTCOMES
- UNDERGRADUATE PROGRAMS
- GRADUATE PROGRAMS
- FACULTY & STAFF
- STUDENT INVOLVEMENT
- CONTACT US
- COLLEGE OF NSS
The Department of Psychology offers programs leading to Bachelor of Arts, Master of Arts, and Master of Science degrees. A minor is also available for students who are majoring in other fields in which a knowledge of psychology would be beneficial.
Psychology is the scientific study of the behavior of both humans and animals. Some psychologists are primarily concerned with learning more about human behavior through scientific methods; others are concerned with the application of psychological principles, as in psychotherapy, applied behavior analysis, and industrial psychology.
What do Psychologists do?
Some specific areas of opportunities for Psychology majors with various degrees of professional training include clinical and counseling psychology (personal adjustment of individuals as in marriage counseling), community psychology (welfare agencies or mental health organizations), developmental psychology (children's clinic or hospitals), experimental psychology (in research settings), human factors psychology (assessment of human performance), psychometric psychology (design of tests to assess individuals' abilities and interests), and social psychology (behavior of individuals).
- Psych Colloquium presents...Lauren Sherman, Minas Michikyan, and Patricia Greenfield on Tues, May 28 at 3:15pm in KH C3097
- Experience Psychology @ CSULA: Reception for freshmen & first-time transfer students in Psychology, Thur. May 30 from 3:15-5:00pm in GE Ballroom 1
- Commencement Ceremony for NSS majors is Sat, Jun 15 at 8:00am
- PsychColloquium Schedule
- Subject Pool
- Faculty Office Hours, Spring 2013
- Final Exam Schedule
- Permits 202, 302, 304
- NSS Advisement Center
- Schedule of Classes
- Oh, Rats! A glimpse inside Dr. Henry Schlinger's animal behavior laboratory...
- The Graduate Student Recognition Reception took place May 7 and several of our psychology students were honored!
- Dr. Pamela Regan is featured in the latest issue of Cal State L.A. Today Magazine, where she discusses her new blog about love, relationships, and sex. Read the article...
- Congratulations to the many Psychology students honored for their outstanding academic achievements during the 52nd Annual Honors Convocation!
- Rebecca Wang, psychology undergraduate student, receives The Golden Eagle Award of Excellence, read more...
- Psychology students present at the 21st Annual Cal State L.A. Research, Scholarship, and Creative Activities Symposium. Pictures and info HERE!
- Video: Dr. Kaveri Subrahmanyam on video games and learning.
- Dr. Ramani Durvasula receives the 2012-2013 Outstanding Professor Award.