The following key points should be considered when authoring the introductory section.
- Invite subject to participate.
- For a relative or parent do not have the document invite
"you." It should say "your relative" or "your
- Insert short, general statement about study.
- Explain how or why the person was identified as a potential subject.
- Include essential elements such as university or institution name,
- Give enough information to make an informed decision, but not so
much (or so technical) that the subject becomes confused.
- Include typeface that is 12-point type or larger. If the
population has trouble handling small print, then make accommodations.