Welcome to the College of Natural and Social Sciences Advisement Center (NSSAAC)! We believe that “academic advising is a crucial component of all students’ experiences in higher education.” It is our mission through advisement to help you:
- find meaning in your life,
- make significant decisions about your future,
- achieve your maximum potential,
- access all that higher education has to offer. (CAS, 2008.)
Assistance Provided by NSSAAC
- One-on-one and group academic advisement including general education and major academic requirements.
- Academic plans to monitor progress toward meeting academic, leadership, professional, and personal goals.
- Goal-setting and identifying strategies for academic success.
- Personal advisement and referrals to appropriate campus resources.
- Quarterly course schedule planning.
- Assistance completing appropriate department and campus forms.
- Academic intervention, probation, and disqualification advisement.
- University policies procedures, deadlines, forms, and campus resources.
- Self-efficacy and personal development workshops.
- Academic overview and advisement during Freshmen Orientations.
- Information about degree options in the College of NSS.
- Information about Admission Requirements.