CSU Basic Information Competency Skill No. 5:
Here are some links to Internet sites which will help you understand and learn how to evaluate information:
- Evaluating Information
(A CSU Information Competence Tutorial)
- This tutorial deals with information relevance, timeliness, reliability, coverage and accuracy.
- Evaluating information found on the Internet
- This excellent, concise and clearly-written hyperlink guide was developed by Elizabeth E. Kirk of the Milton S. Eisenhower Library at Johns Hopkins. It is kept current by the author and linked to many library and information competency sites throughout the Internet. We recommend it highly.
- Thinking Critically about World Wide Web Resources
- This is a brief, clear, online guide written by created by Esther Grassian, UCLA College Library. You can browse it as an excellent overview of the topic.