- Association of Student Social Workers (ASSW)
- The Forensic Social Work Caucus
- Masters of Social Work Student Organization
- To promote Social Work as a profession.
- To foster support for and among Social Work students at CSULA.
- To be a forum for and offer solutions to grievances of students and association members.
- To assist students of Social Work in communication and connecting with faculty members regarding academics, personal and advisement needs.
- To provide members and Social Work majors with experience in-group relations and organizational / representational skills.
- To provide students the opportunity to network with one another and enhance their professional and academic life.
- To provide extracurricular activities for Social Work students.
- To unite students and communities.
- To accomplish a successful graduation celebration for our students.
The Forensic Social Work Caucus
The Forensic Social Work Caucus (FSWC) welcomes any motivated and passionate students interested in the growing field of forensic social work.
What we do: The purpose of the FSWC is to promote the CSULA forensic social work program, educate students and professionals of the many career possibilities found in the FSW field and address the political and ethical issues facing professional forensic social workers.
How we do it: We organize the Annual Forensic Social Work Panel Event, Lunchtime Speaker Series, Community Service Book and Donation Drive for Eastlake and Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall, Forums on Forensic Social Work Policy and Fundraiser Events.
How to join: Come to a meeting!
Check us out and get upcoming meeting dates at: Yahoo group: csulafswc or at http://www.myspace.com/csulafswc
The purpose(s) of this organization shall be to support the highest standards of competency and professionalism in the Master of Social Work Degree Program. In order to accomplish this objective, the organization will seek to:
1. Promote and support the interests of Professional Social Workers at California State University, Los Angeles.
2. Assist in the retention of Master of Social Work students throughout their program by offering mentoring, research opportunities, and community involvement in an effort to further their development.
3. Advocate for policies supportive of the best interests of Mast of Social Work students at California State University, Los Angeles.
4. To offer students opportunities to voice their opinions, hear others opinions, and form alliances with other Masters students.
5. To promote participation for involvement in discussing pertinent issues relating to one’s education, practice, and personal experiences.