- Association of Student Social Workers (ASSW)
- Lobby Days Caucus
- Masters of Social Work Student Organization
- The Forensic Social Work Caucus
- To promote Social Work as a profession.
- To foster support for and among Social Work students at CSULA.
- To be a forum for and offer solutions to grievances of students and association members.
- To assist students of Social Work in communication and connecting with faculty members regarding academics, personal and advisement needs.
- To provide members and Social Work majors with experience in-group relations and organizational / representational skills.
- To provide students the opportunity to network with one another and enhance their professional and academic life.
- To provide extracurricular activities for Social Work students.
- To unite students and communities.
- To accomplish a successful graduation celebration for our students.
The mission for Lobby Days Caucus is to develop students' understanding about social work and advocacy in efforts to promote change for the betterment of individuals, social work students, and the community surrounding social work and served by social workers. Our vision is to advocate for policies supportive of the best interests of Master of Social Work students at California State University, Los Angeles as well as offer students opportunities to voice their opinions, hear others opinions, and form alliances with other Masters students.
CSULA Lobby Days Caucus provides organization, fundraising, and advertising at the University for the NASW Annual Lobby Days event in Sacramento. Overall our goal is to assist students in experiencing the realms of advocacy at a community level and become aware of issues that may affect our clients either presently or in the future.
All students are welcome to join the organization at no cost, and can contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org , or find us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/groups/462449900473910/
Here's a sneak peak of how amazing this experience can be for you! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYuOH7lwQc0
The purpose(s) of this organization shall be to support the highest standards of competency and professionalism in the Master of Social Work Degree Program. In order to accomplish this objective, the organization will seek to:
1. Promote and support the interests of Professional Social Workers at California State University, Los Angeles.
2. Assist in the retention of Master of Social Work students throughout their program by offering mentoring, research opportunities, and community involvement in an effort to further their development.
3. Advocate for policies supportive of the best interests of Mast of Social Work students at California State University, Los Angeles.
4. To offer students opportunities to voice their opinions, hear others opinions, and form alliances with other Masters students.
5. To promote participation for involvement in discussing pertinent issues relating to one’s education, practice, and personal experiences.
The Forensic Social Work Caucus (FSWC) welcomes any motivated and passionate students interested in the growing field of forensic social work.
What we do: The purpose of the FSWC is to promote the CSULA forensic social work program, educate students and professionals of the many career possibilities found in the FSW field and address the political and ethical issues facing professional forensic social workers.
How we do it: We organize the Annual Forensic Social Work Panel Event, Lunchtime Speaker Series, Community Service Book and Donation Drive for Eastlake and Los Padrinos Juvenile Hall, Forums on Forensic Social Work Policy and Fundraiser Events.
How to join: Come to a meeting!
Check us out and get upcoming meeting dates at: Yahoo group: csulafswc or at http://www.myspace.com/csulafswc