We currently offer two traditional graduate programs and a program in Environmental Science:
The MS in Geological Sciences is focused on hydrogeology and environmental science. Students receive both the theoretical and applied aspects of hydrogeology during their education. Alumni are employed with many consulting and government agencies in southern California and throughout the nation. Graduates may also choose to earn Ph.D.'s at leading universities. Advisor: Dr. Jennifer Garrison (firstname.lastname@example.org) The MA in Geography provides an opportunity for students to advance their research skills. It is designed to prepare students for teaching at the community college level, for employment in government and private industry, and for further graduate study in geography. Advisor: Dr. Hengchun Ye (email@example.com)
The MS in Environmental Sciences prepares students for environmental science research, doctoral study, community college teaching, and technical positions in universities, industry, or governmental agencies. Fall Advisor: Dr. Andre Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org) - General questions & Hydrology option Advisor: Dr. Kirsten Fisher (email@example.com) - Biology Option Advisor: Dr. Gustavo Menezes (firstname.lastname@example.org) - Engineering Option
How To Apply:
- Contact the appropriate Graduate Program Advisor (see above).
- Complete the CSUMentor Application and submit required documents to the Admissions Office. Follow university admission checklist.
- Complete the Department Application:
- Prepare application packet to be sent to the department. Checklist: Your packet should include--application, transcripts (from all universities attended including CSULA), statement, advisor consent form (thesis option only).
- All application materials should be sent to email@example.com.
- Letters of recommendation may be sent directly to firstname.lastname@example.org. Two letters are required for the Geography and Geology Programs. Three letters are required for all Environmental Science applicants.
Fall 2017 Applicants:
- CSUMentor Filing Period is October 1st through April 14, 2017.
- Deadline to submit the department application and all required documents is April 14, 2017.
- Transcript Note: You may need to request two copies of college transcripts since the graduate program does not receive a copy of your transcript from Admissions.
- Make sure to submit all documents requested on page 1 of the program application to email@example.com.
- Email is preferred, but you may mail documents to:
After applying, if you have any questions, contact the appropriate program advisor only and not the Geosciences & Environment Office.
- Geology: Dr. Jennifer Garrison (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Geography: Dr. Hengchun Ye (email@example.com)
- ENVS General Questions and Hydrology Option: Dr. Andre Ellis (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ENVS Biology Option: Dr. Kirsten Fisher (email@example.com)
- ENVS Engineering Option: Dr. Gustavo Menezes (firstname.lastname@example.org)