Statement Magazine, CSULA’s annual journal of literature and the arts, is accepting submissions for its 2014 issue. Submissions will be accepted from January 9-30, 2014.
What to Submit:
- Literary submissions are invited in poetry, fiction, creative nonfiction, scripts and hybrid forms. Prose submissions (fiction and creative nonfiction) should be a maximum of 1500 words, and may be full pieces or excerpts of longer works. Scripts are limited to 5-10 minute performances.
- Art submissions are invited in painting, drawing, photography and sculpture. Art projects consisting of series of themed images are preferred over individual pieces. Digital files for art submissions may be submitted as smaller pixel images with titles. If submissions are selected for publication, larger files will be requested.
- Limit of four (4) total submissions per individual. The four total submissions per individual may be in one or more genre or medium.
Guidelines for Submissions:
- Include a single cover page with your name, email address, titles of all submissions and brief biographical note (maximum of 75 words). This is the only page where your name should appear. Your name must not appear on any submitted art or writing.
- The title of each submitted piece of work should appear at the top of the first page only.
- Each piece of writing must be separate from other submissions. Do not start a new piece of writing on the same page where another ends.
- Include no headers or footers on any submitted art or writing identifying you, such as your name, CIN or email address.
How to Submit:
You may submit work in one of three ways:
- Place in the Statement Magazine mailbox in the English Department Mailroom, Engineering & Technology Building, Room 636. Please use paper clips; do not use staples.
- Email to Statement@calstatela.edu. Attachments should be in .doc format.
- Mail to Statement, English Department, California State University, Los Angeles, 5151 State University Drive, Los Angeles CA 90032. Please allow adequate time for delivery.
- Submissions that do not follow guidelines will not be considered.
- Submissions decisions will be sent by email.
- Submissions will not be returned.